Thursday, June 26, 2008

Summer is in full swing.......

Well, we are all hot and happy at the Mitchell house. Summer is in full swing and things don't look like they are slowing down anytime soon. Buckle up, here is our summer ride so far.......

We have been camping quite a bit this summer. We went to Big Elk Creek before Memorial Day, then we went to Massacre Rocks a few weekends later. I went to Girls camp last week (more on that in a minute), and Tracey took the boys up to Palisades for a Father-Son Campout. Needless to say, we are all tan from being outside so much. So far, our camping trips have yielded two large lizards, 5 small lizards, and 2 snakes. Yes, our reptile collection is growing by leaps and bounds.





I didn't have a chance to wish Tracey a Happy Fathers Day!! He is such a good dad. He is so wonderful with the boys. He takes a day off a week to stay home with them when i work. He always seems to have time to clean the house and still have time to take the boys out in the boat for the afternoon. He never lets a teaching moment go by. He is so great about teaching the boys about honesty, responsibility, hard work, and love. We are so blessed to have him in our family!!!

Dalton was baptized. It was a great day! Such a strong spirit we felt. Jaxson was right there on the edge of the font when he was baptized. When Dalton came up out of the water, Jaxson threw his arms up in the air and yells "YEAH". That my boy.



Dalton has started going to Cub Scouts. He looks so cute in his uniform. He went to day camp last week. They were able to ride bikes, do archery, and learn about other countries. He had an awesome time.

Girls camp was so cool! I had a great time and i think that the girls did too. We took 19 girls up to the new stake camp, Camp Cumorah. It is a few miles past the bone store. It was so beautiful!! Our theme was Born To Be A Queen. All of our activities were "royalty" themed. We had so much great food and the girls are so wonderful. They all got along and helped out with everything. Sort of sad that it is over. The girls started calling me Mama Moose, because they said that mama moose always take such good care of their babies, and that I was taking such good care of them. Cute huh!! That explains the antler picture.

Missed my boys so much when i was gone. Dalton has just been my hand-holding-shadow since I came home from camp. He is such a great kid!! Dalton and Jax have come down with a fever the past couple of days (too much sun probably) they have been lying around a lot. Jaxson has wanted me to snug with him. He is getting so tall, and I asked him "What happens when you are too big for me to rock you in the chair?" He responded by saying "Well Mom, we will just move over to the couch!"
So cute!!

I was able to do a little scrapbooking after I went to the ETM Scrapbook Expo at the Shilo Inn. Tons of fun stuff and some great classes. I took two album classes. I will post photos when I am done with them. Here are a couple of layouts that I did...




Trying now to get caught up on house work, laundry, and yard work.

3 comments:

Lori Jolley said...

What a fun summer! Wish I could go to girls camp!

Pickett Fences said...

Tiffany,

I wish we would had known, we would have come to Daltons baptism. Summer has just started and you already have been so busy. I will send out ivites soon for our party at our house on Sunday July 27 at 5:00 PM. (spread the word)

Keri

Teisha said...

Tiffany, I love to read your blog and see what you and your family are up to. Congrats to Dalton on his baptism! Sounds like everything is going wonderfully. Glad you had fun at Girl's Camp. Missed seeing everyone at Expo this year. Maybe next time!